Our favourite places to eat in Lynton & Lynmouth.
What we love most about Lynton & Lynmouth is exceptional array of places to eat. From traditional pub food to flavours from far away lands – there’s something for every palette. The following places listed below are our personal favourites, but there are plenty more to choose from.
Great daytime cafés and pubs in Lynton & Lynmouth
– The Picnic Box Home-made cakes, the best sandwiches / eat-in or takeaway / Good for Vegetarian/Vegan
– Charlie Fridays Home-made soups, sandwiches, curries, cakes / Great coffee / Good for Vegetarian / Vegan. This place loves doggies and kiddies.
– Vanilla Pod Great coffee, hot food, sandwiches and mezzo platters.
– Cliff Top Cafe Sandwiches, pasties, jackets, cakes, great views of the L&L Cliff Railway.
– Watersmeet Tea Room Average National Trust selection, but a stunning riverside location.
Evenings in Lynton, 5-15 mins by walking
– Oak Room Tapas, this is a very nice place to eat, this is our favourite local place in walking distance.
– Yoshi Very casual and relaxed, Asian tapas and ramen, from the Cottage Inn team
– Cottage Inn Awesome Thai food with a traditional pub atmosphere
– Vanilla Pod Excellent mediterranean food, with a slight middle eastern twist
Evenings in Lynmouth, 5-10 mins by car or taxi, cliff railway (or 20-30 min steep walking)
– Rising Sun Fine dining, modern food, this is a very special place.
– 7 the Bistro Intimate dining, good food – old school, excellent service – very nice indeed.
– Ancient Mariner Casual food, burgers etc., this is a nice modern English pub
– Blue Ball Inn Regular pub serving good food, this place loves dogs
– Que Pasa Mexican food, small and cosy atmosphere, simple menu
Evenings in the surrounding area, 15-20 mins driving or by taxi
– Fox & Goose Parracombe, Local home cooking, meat, fish) (A very old pub, tired and dusty, our most favourite place to ea.
– Hunters Inn Martinhoe, Average pub grub, better for lunch or snacks after a long Coastal Path walk
– Staghunters Brendon, Average pub grub, not for a special occasion but great after a walk to Watersmeet
Looking for an award winning fine dining experience?
Check out ‘The Coach House @ Kentisbury Grange’ by Micheal Caines, just 30+ mins drive from Highcliffe House. This is a very special and reassuringly expensive place to eat.
Want to book a taxi in advance?
Call: Riverside 01598 753442 or Lyn Valley Taxi 07907 161 666
Staying elsewhere in Exmoor?
Check out the award-winning #EatExmoor guide from Visit Exmoor to help you find some of the best, locally sourced food around the Exmoor region.