Staggeringly beautiful rock formations, dramatic cliffs and a stunning beach.
Once notorious for smugglers and wreckers, this stretch of coastline is now a great place to get away from the crowds and enjoy the dramatic scenery of cliffs, rocky headlands and sandy bays. Look out for seals as you walk from Morte Point towards Bull Point and enjoy the coastal heathland and maritime grasslands, which are great habitats for birds and other wildlife.
The secluded coves of Rockham Bay and Bennett’s Mouth are worth a peek too.
Things to know …
- Approx. 7km
- Cafe in Mortehoe (Seasonal)
- Long and Short Walks
- A short part of the path to the Lighthouse is tarmac
- Part of the South West Coastal Path
- Approx. 40mins drive from Highcliffe House
- Pay & Display parking in Mortehoe Village
- Public Toilets at Car Park
- Can include Rockham Bay, Bull Point Lighthouse, Bennett’s Mouth
- Can include Lee Bay for a really long walk.