Porlock Weir to Culbone Church
This is one of the most magical woodland walks we’ve done.
The Exmoor coast is famous for having the longest wooded coastline in the England and this is the best way to enjoy it. Start in the quaint harbour village of Porlock Weir and follow the South West Coast Path to Culbone Church.
This isn’t a circular walk, but the walk back is just a beautiful as the walk there. The church is said to be one of the oldest and smallest in England – it’s beautiful.
Once you’ve explored the church you can head back to Porlock Weir for refreshments.
Alternatively, you can walk all the way back to Highcliffe House – it’s a long and winding path.
Things to know …
- Approx. 2-2.5 hours
- This is not a circular walk.
- This is a long, mostly uphill walking
- Part of the South West Coast Path
- Public car park in Porlock Weir
- Cafés and pubs in Porlock Weir
- No toilets during the walk
- Can walk to and from County Gate, for a longer walk.
- Can walk back to Lynton from Porlock Weir
- CATEGORY Places to walk