A magical woodland walk through the leafy and ancient Horner Woods
Approx. 5km | 2-3 hours
I can’t fib, this particular walk has a few gruellingly steep moments … which of course makes it all the more fun, right? It’s worth mentioning that there is an accessible part to this walk which makes for a lovely leisurely stroll.
Park up in Webbers Post car park in Horner Woods and take in the views for while – its just lovely. Follow the trail down to the valley floor. Actually there are lots of trails in these woods, any of them is going to be a splendid walk. The ultimate goal … a cream tea at Horner Tearooms, what other goals would there be?
When you reach the valley floor things even out and the trail gets wider and follows the stream all the way to the tearoom. After filling up on delicious snacks and tea it’s time to head back to Webbers Post … PS. don’t eat too much – the walk back is steep for a while.
Things to know …
- Approx. 5km / 1-2 hours
- Very steep in a few places
- Over 150 miles of footpaths to explore
- Refreshments at Horner Tearooms
- Toilets at Horner, behind the tearooms in the Public Car Park
- You can park in the Horner Car Park for a shorter, flatter walk in the woods
Things we love ...
- This whole area is bursting at the seems with nature and wildlife.
- Seeing Dunkery Beacon from Webbers Post
- Horner Tearooms – bliss!
- We could spend the whole day here wandering through the ancient trees.